Family Activities at Home
Whilst many of our family-friendly venues and attractions across the district are closed, now is the time to experience some of their online content.
Lakeland Wildlife Oasis
- Meet an ‘A-Z’ of amazing animals with Wildlife Oasis, and see them being fed and cared for by their keepers via Facebook Live stream!
- *YOUR ZOO NEEDS YOU* To help Lakeland pay for the care of their animals, any donation, big or small, will help. With over 100 species at the zoo, that’s a lot of food, medicine and bedding that these animals need to keep them healthy and warm every day! If you can help, please donate here or email email@example.com. Thank you.
- Join Williamson Park’s zookeepers every day at 11am on Instagram for the Learning Zone – find out all about the animals we have here at the park.
- Find out how the Williamson Park staff are caring for the animals in the Butterfly House and Mini Beast Centre whilst it is closed to the public.
Williamson Park’s 54 acres of beautiful parkland offer breathtaking views across to Morecambe Bay. Inside the park you’ll find the Ashton Memorial, plus a tropical Butterfly House and Mini-Zoo with Mini-Beast and Bird Enclosures and a small mammal section with some very popular meerkats!
Lancaster City Museum
- Get creative with Lancaster City Museum’s A Night in the Museum
“We’re going to be closing in a moment. Please could you make your way downstairs”, said the museum lady.
“Okay”, I mumbled. I just wanted to finish reading the story about how the Roman tombstone had been found.
All of a sudden the lights went out and I was plunged into darkness; I had been locked in!
Can you write us a story – what happened on YOUR night locked in the museum?
- Lancaster City Museum brings us some online craft workshops over the Easter holidays – have a go, be creative and don’t forget to let us see a picture of your wonderful creations!
- Join in with some Online Easter Pebble Art on the 7th April, 10am – 5pm. Find the list of materials in the Facebook event comments so you can prepare.
- Create some Bunny Boxes on the 8th April 10am – 5pm – find out what materials you need to prepare beforehand.
- Join us again on the 14th April, 10am – 5pm for our Online Under the Sea Crab Collage. Find the list of materials in the event comments so you can prepare.
- Create a beautiful Daffodil Wreath on the 15th April 10am – 5pm – click here to see what you will need.
Lancaster Maritime Museum
- Try Lancaster Maritime Museum’s Dot to Dot challenge, or be inspired by the Museum’s collection to build your own Lego creation – this week’s is to build a Lego dinosaur RRRRRR!
- Don’t forget to share your creations with us.
Lancaster and Morecambe College
- Over the next few weeks, L&M College’s Tackling Inactivity Team will be encouraging students, staff and the wider community to remain active during this period of staying at home.
- Keep your eyes peeled for videos of the team getting creative with fitness routines, games for the family and fun challenges to get involved in. Here’s Adam, introducing the project: