Escape to the Coast for a Morecambe Bay summer
Whether you want adventure or relaxation, family fun or a new experience, escape to the Morecambe Bay coast this summer.
Try something new and adventurous – take to the sea with kitesurfing or sailing, or try your hand at climbing, parachuting or diving. Take a countryside cycle ride or walk rugged coastal paths. Discover a new side to the bay as you step out onto the panoramic sands on a Cross Bay Walk, hike the Lancashire Coastal Way, or cycle the beautiful Way of the Roses or Bay Cycle Way. You can even hire an electric bike and supercharge your legs as you enjoy the ride!
Take time to relax and soak up the spectacular beauty of the bay’s sunsets. Explore picturesque coastal towns and browse bustling markets. Discover hidden havens of wildlife; enjoy beautiful beaches and family friendly parks.
Traditional seaside entertainment is what it’s all about in Morecambe Bay so join in the fun at this summer’s family friendly activities. Visit Lakeland Wildlife Oasis for close encounters with birds, reptiles and furry animals; or explore the woodland walks and tree trails at Leighton Hall – and meet some more feathered friends! RSPB Leighton Moss also offers close encounters with some of the bay’s ‘Bold & Bright’ wildlife.
Try your hand at climbing at Salt Ayre Leisure Centre’s ‘X-Height’ or work off some ‘Energy’ at the Soft Play Centre – or spend the day at Happy Mount Park enjoying the Splash Park, playgrounds, mini golf, brass band concerts and lots more.
And of course, Morecambe Bay offers a packed programme of events and festivals for all the family, so pop these dates in your diary and join us for some fun by the seaside!
Some dates for your diary:
- Soul Train Festival at The Midland 21 – 23 June
- Historia Normannis at Happy Mount Park 22 – 23 June
- Arnside & Silverdale Art & Craft Trail 28 – 30 June
- Catch the Wind Kite Festival 29 – 30 June
- Seafood Festival at the Midland 6 – 7 July
- Morecambe Fringe Festival 6 – 20 July
- Classic Car Rally at Leighton Hall 7 July
- Morecambe Music Festival 12 – 14 July
- West End Festival 13 July
- Shakespeare at Leighton Hall 19 July
- Morecambe Pride 20 July
- Heysham Viking Festival 20 – 21 July
- Jazz Festival at The Midland Hotel 26 – 28 July
- Street pARTy 27 July
- Fairytale Adventure at Leighton Hall 28 July
- Morecambe Carnival 10 – 11 August
- Vintage by the Sea 31 Aug – 1 Sep
- Brass Band Concerts in Happy Mount Park, Sundays, May – September
- Music, talks and events at The Platform, Morecambe – all year