Fathers’ Day in Morecambe Bay
This Sunday is Fathers’ Day and we have a host of things to see and do and places to eat and drink – so treat your dad to a lovely day out in Morecambe Bay!
SEE AND DO
- Take the Morecambe Heritage Trail (leaflets from Morecambe Visitor Information Centre) and ‘meet’ Eric Morecambe, or discover historic Heysham via the Heysham app.
- Listen to the rousing sounds of a brass band as you relax in Happy Mount Park -from 2.30pm on Sunday.
- Browse the stalls for homewares, food, gifts and books at Morecambe’s Festival Market, then stop for a cup of tea and a bite to eat in one of the two cafes.
- Go a little further afield to visit Lakeland Motor Museum and its automotive treasures, or take a ride on a tiny steam powered locomotive at the charming miniature Cinderbarrow Railway.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Treat your dad to some tasty goodies from the Port of Lancaster Smokehouse.
- Sip a coffee or a pint at the Midland Hotel, overlooking the stunning panorama of Morecambe Bay.
- A coffee and homemade cake after browsing the artwork at Wolf House Gallery makes the perfect relaxing weekend afternoon.
- The newly refurbished Station Promenade pub, just next to the Visitor Information Centre, offers great pub classics and ales.
- The Allium Eatery at Bay View Garden Centre offers tasty lunches and tempting cakes – perfect after a browse round the centre’s plants and gifts.
- Morecambe Visitor Information Centre has gifts, souvenirs and books for avid walkers, cyclists and birdwatchers, plus a beautiful range of tide clocks, local prints and pictures.
- For voracious readers, you can find classics and more at the wonderful Old Pier Bookshop, a treasurehouse of second-hand publications. Carnforth Bookshop too has new books with a great range of fiction and non-fiction.
- Carnforth Station Heritage Centre offers a fantastic range of railway books, prints and souvenirs, and don’t forget to call into the exhibitions, gallery and Brief Encounter Tea Rooms during your visit!
Wishing you a very HAPPY FATHERS’ DAY from Morecambe Bay!
- animals and zoos Area: Morecambe and Heysham family Family-friendly Food and drink History and heritage outdoors and countryside