Latest Information: Coronavirus
We have the following information on this page: (Last updated 26 March)
- Official Coronavirus UK guidance.
- Council services.
- Businesses offering deliveries and alternatives to visiting.
- Community healthcare support and offers.
- Tourism business support information.
Official Coronavirus UK guidance – What we need to do
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work.
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Find the latest information on the official UK government website.
- Visitor Information Centres in Morecambe and Lancaster will be closed to face to face visitors until further notice, but are open for phone and email enquiries on 01524 582394 / email@example.com
- Lancaster and Morecambe Town Halls – Public meeting rooms will be closed until further notice and any pre-booked events cancelled. The customer service centres are now closed to the public but are still accepting web, telephone and email inquiries. For information on how to contact customer services, please click here.
- All non-essential shops are now closed.
- All Bars, Clubs, Pubs and Restaurants are now closed until further notice.
Local Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers are a great way to support our local hospitality, retail, arts and leisure businesses in these challenging times.
To learn more about all the wonderful local gift vouchers available to purchase, please check out the vouch.gifts website for more information.
Businesses offering alternative options, such as home delivery:
(Please contact the venue directly for further information and bookings)
Food and Drink
- The Borough – The Borough Pub are offering deliveries on both food and drink. Please see here for more information.
- Port of Lancaster Smokehouse – Local ingredients, traditionally smoked and delivered to you overnight. Please see their website for more information.
- Morecambe Eats – App for local food deliveries in the Morecambe area. Please see their website for more information.
- Just Eat – Food and drink delivery for local restaurants and takeaway businesses. Please see their website for more information.
- Deliveroo – Food and drink delivery service for local restaurants and takeaway businesses. Please see their website for more information.
- Uber Eats – Food and drink delivery for local restaurants and takeaway businesses. Please see their website for more information.
- Chef’s Catering Northwest – Local Morecambe food delivery company. Please check they deliver to your postcode before ordering. For more information please see the Chefs Catering Northwest Facebook page.
- Sarnilands – Local Morecambe café offering local delivery service. Please see the Sarnilands Facebook page for more information.
- Jo N Lees Café – Local Morecambe café offering local delivery service. Please see the Jo N Lees Café Facebook page for mor information.
- Gill’s Pantry – Local Morecambe café local delivery service, predominantly for the elderly and the vulnerable. Please see the Gill’s Pantry website for more information.
- The Kitchen at Kellet – Restaurant in Nether Kellet offering delivery service. Please see the Kitchen at Kellet’s Facebook page for more information.
- Carter’s Cakes – Desert delivery service based in Lancaster. Please see the Carter’s Cakes Facebook page for more information.
- Gregory Williams Butchers – Lancaster based traditional butchers offering a delivery service, no charge for local community. Please see the Gregory Williams Butchers Facebook page for more information.
- Cornvale Fine Foods – Wholesale Butchers offering a hopme delivery service. Please see the Cornvale Fine Foods Facebook page for more information.
- Seaborn Stores (Londis) – Morecambe-based convenience store offering home delivery service. Please see the Seaborn Stores Facebook page for more information.
- Westgate Frozen Foods LTD – Deliveries of frozen food around the Lancaster, Morecambe, Galgate areas. Please see this website for contact information.
- Althams Butchers – A butchers based in Morecambe offering a delivery service. Please see the Althams Butchers Facebook page for more information.
- Brookhouse Store & Post Office – Local store and post office with a delivery option available for those who need it. Please see their Facebook page for more information.
- Bare Lane News – Local newsagents offering delivery options to those who need it. Please see the Bare Lane News Facebook page for more information.
- Dewlay Cheese Shop – Local cheese shop offering a delivery option. Please see the Dewlay Cheese Shop Facebook page for more information.
- Single Step Cooperative – Cooperative based in Lancaster offering local fairtrade vegan, vegetarian and health food deliveries. Please see their website for more information.
- Hey and Sons Milk and Dairy – Local milk and dairy delivery service. Please see the Hey and Sons Facebook page for more information.
- Cannabrew LTD – CBD infused beer offering a delivery service. Please see the Cannabrew Facebook page for more information.
- Sands Milk – Local milk delivery service. Please see the Sands Milk Facebook page for more information.
- Accidental Brewery – The Accidental Brewery are offering drink deliveries through the Uber Eats service. Please see their Facebook page for more information.
- Lancaster Brewery – Offering pick-up packs of beer with delivery options also available. Please see this Facebook post for more information.
- EWGA Wines, Carnforth – Offering free delivery in many areas of across Lancashire. Please see their website for more information.
- George Speight and Sons – Offering home delivery of fresh produce. Please see their website for more information.
- Lottie’s Catering Co – Offering pre-made meals delivered to your door. Please see their Facebook page for more information.
- Nisa (Heysham) – Home delivery options available for the housebound, elderly and the vulnerable. Contact them between 9am and 11am with a £20 minimum order to receive same day delivery. £2.50 delivery charge and deliveries to Heysham, Middleton and Overton only. Please contact them on: 07398 109321
- Skerton Food Club, Melbourne Club – A group that intercepts food going to waste and shares it among its members. Please see their Facebook page for more information.
- Large Supermarkets – Most large supermarkets (not smaller “express” stores) are offering exclusive shopping hours for the vulnerable/elderly, usually the first hour of each opening day. Please check with the individual store to ensure this service is being offered.
Community and Healthcare Support
- The Olive Branch – Food bank available to anyone unable to buy food for themselves. Please contact them on the following email address and phone numbers for more information and advice: 01524 555715 – 07572 577426 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancer Care North Lancs & South Cumbria – Offering holistic therapies for those without Coronavirus symptoms (including family) as well as telephone counselling. Please see their Facebook page for more information.
- Positive Futures – Located on the White Cross Industrial Estate, Positive Futures are open to support those with poor mental health and will deliver shopping to people who required to self-isolate. Please see their website for more information.
- Samaritans – Samaritans are available to talk about whatever you are going through. The service is completely confidential. Please see their website for more information.
- Marsh Community Centre – A centre for community support, with emergency packs available for vulnerable people. Please see thier website for more information.
- Barton Road Community Centre – Coordinating a network of support for people of the Barton Road and Soctforth East areas. If you wish to volunteer or need support please contact them on: 01524 65622
- Anna Freud Institute – A Children’s mental health charity caring for young people and their families. Please see their website for more information.
- Hope Church Lancaster – Coronavirus support line, offering shopping, post or parcel sending and collecting. Also can phone for company for those isolated. Please see their website for more information. Can also be contacted via their Facebook page and you can text their helpline on: 07473 932641
- Neuro Drop In – Delivering toiletries and non-perishables to members and providing telephone support. Please see the Neuro Drop In website for more information.
- The Tara Centre – Free daily online relaxation meditation from 11am to 12 noon. Can be accessed via Facebook or Youtube (coming soon). Please see their website for more information.
- The Well Communities – Live feeds from Facebook for Q&A sessions regarding recovery, families, isolation, coping and exercise. Please see The Well Communities Facebook page for more information.
- Prop Up Project – A group for teenagers and young adults who find socializing hard and would like to improve their mental health. Please see their Facebook page for more information.
- Socialease – A support group for people experiencing social anxiety, isolation or poor mental health, with telephone support available. Please see their Facebook page for more information.
- Kooth – Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people. Please see the Kooth website for more information.
- Wise Guys Training – Offering online emotional support to isolated men. Facebook live feed Thursday 26th March 1 – 3pm. Please see their Facebook page for more information.
- Positive Futures Northwest – Talking therapies available over the phone. Current clients will also be contacted weekly by phone. Live art and music feeds also available on their Facebook page. Can be contacted by phone on: 01524 587223
- Carers Help Advisory Training Support – A service for anyone looking after a child or young person with any kind of emotional or mental health problem. Support available via email (email@example.com) or by telephone: Claire – 07846 332609 || Rebecca – 07939 685408 || Sue – 07909 584135
- Lancaster & Morecambe College – The college is offering a short distance training course in Mental Health Awareness Level 1 to anyone 18+. This can be done from home by signing up on their website.
- Atkinsons Coffee – You can order coffee beans, ground coffee, tea and equipment from Atkinsons Coffee Roasters from their website.
- Deliverloo – Local toilet and kitchen roll delivery service for both commericial and domestic addresses. Please see their website for more information.
- FHG Security – Offering an extensive list of services from cleansing and security, to vehicle hire. Please see the FGH website for more information.
- Tactical Security Operations LTD – A local company supplying close protection, security guards and street patrols. Please see the TSO Facebook page for more information.
- Cinnamon Trust – Offering various services – Dog walking, pet food collection, pet medication and urgent transport in the LA1 area. Please phone 01736 757900 for more information.
- Burch Tree Vets – Lancaster and Morecambe branches are closed but they are still offering daily video consultations. Carnforth branch is open but by appointment only. 24 hour emergency pet service continuing as normal. Please phone 01524 720002 for more information.
- AJ Exotic Pet Supplies (Lancaster) – Home deliveries on all pet equipment and supplies. Please phone 01524 69825 for more information.
- EE, O2, Three and Vodafone – These mobile networks are waiving data usage for access to www.nhs.uk and 111.nhs.uk. This means that visiting these pages will not count towards your data usage and should also be available even if you have no data access on your mobile plan. Please double check that your network is participating in this offer.
- Zero Cars – Zero Cars are offering free travel to elderly members of the community as well as NHS workers. Please see this Facebook post for more information.
Coronavirus Tourism Business Support
The following organisations have put measures in place to support tourism businesses.
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees by central government –
Visit Britain have set up a dedicated Business Advice Hub to help tourism businesses quickly access information and support including signposts to the latest Government health advice, how to manage staff, cleaning guidance and financial support available. Visit Britain have also re-opened their Tracker Survey to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on all aspects of the UK tourism industry.
Resources and updated information can be found on Marketing Lancashire’s website –
Boost – Lancashire’s Business Growth Hub
Dedicated #Askforhelp team ready to assist businesses impacted. They can offer resilience tips and connect you to specialist advisors. Call 0800 488 0057.
Lancaster City Council
A business support team has been set up to support local businesses. Follow the link for information and to register with the team.