Local restrictions around Morecambe Bay
Follow our social media accounts for the latest updates
Restrictions from Saturday 16th October 2020
The government has a new coronavirus alert system and has placed different parts of the bay in different tiers:
- Barrow-in-Furness part of Morecambe Bay (from Walney Island to Rampside) – Local COVID Alert Level is High: Find out what you need to know
- South Lakeland part of Morecambe Bay (from Rampside to Arnside) – Local COVID Alert Level is Medium: Find out what you need to know
- Lancashire part of Morecambe Bay (from Silverdale to Fleetwood) – Local COVID Alert Level is Very High: Find out what you need to know
Can I still visit Morecambe Bay?
You should check whether local restrictions apply where you live with regard to travelling outside your area as well as find out more about the measures that apply in the area you are planning to visit, in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We are working through the guidance for each restriction and what this means and will share more updates and information as soon as we can.
We understand you may have queries about your visit to Morecambe Bay, and our friendly Visitor Information Team will be available during the week:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10am – 4pm by phone on 01524 582808
- Every weekday between 10am – 4pm via Live Chat – click on the turquoise teardrop shape at the bottom right of this screen (available during office hours only).
- Every weekday between 10am – 4pm by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also contact our Visitor Information Team via Facebook or Twitter.
(Please note: Our centres remain closed to face-to-face visitors for the time being.)
Thank you and stay safe.
Explore Morecambe Bay x