Lancaster Maritime Museum Summer Craft Sessions
Get crafty this summer by heading down to Lancaster Maritime Museum to create some mini masterpieces!
Supporting the current special exhibition ‘Barging Past’ these family-friendly craft sessions are all inspired by the Bi-Centenary of the Lancaster Canal.
Make a day of it and explore this original Port of Lancaster Custom House to find out more about Lancaster’s golden age and rich maritime history. Before setting sail for home, anchor up at the on-site café (now selling Walling’s Ice Cream) or head out onto the quayside jetty to take in the views of the River Lune.
- All workshops £1 per child.
- Booking advisable to avoid disappointment.
Summer Holiday Craft Sessions –
- Tuesday 30 July – Wacky Weaving – Try your hand at paper plate weaving and make some cool creations.
- Tuesday 6 August – Fantastic Fish – Make a fishy wind sock to swim in the breeze.
- Thursday 8 August – Canal Creatures – Find out all about Hedgehogs and make one to take home (afternoon sessions only).
- Tuesday 13 August – Lovely Lanterns – Be inspired by the rose and castles designs on barges to create a lantern (afternoon sessions only).
- Thursday 15 August – Canal Creatures – Make a Dragonfly or Butterfly (afternoon sessions only).
- Tuesday 20 August – Barging Past – Create a model Barge to take home.
- Thursday 22 April – Canal Creatures – Beautiful Birds – Find out all about the birds that live on the canals and create some bird pebble art.
- Tuesday 27 August – Wonderful Wind chimes – Get crafty and create a lovely wind chime.
- Thursday 29 August – Canal Creatures – Amazing Amphibians – Find out about frogs, toads and newts and make a creature to take home.
Session times: 10.15am, 11.15am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm
Session times for 8, 13 and 15 August 12.30pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm
Museum Admission – Adults £3 and Concessions £2. Children and local adults free (Postcode LA1-LA6)
Website Get Directions